Thursday, March 8, 2018


Are You Up to the Task?  

I didn’t ease into a state of wakefulness. It was almost as if someone had shouted. In my mind, I heard, “Are you up to the task?” It was dark; I looked at the bedside clock which read 5:22. My immediate thought was, No, I’m not up to any task at this hour. The question repeated itself in my head. I spend time with the Lord every day. Like any good friend, I know His voice when I hear it. I laid there for another couple of minutes, but I heard His voice again, with a slightly different emphasis, “Are you UP to the task?” I got up.

The change of emphasis made me realize something that is actually quite obvious; I can hear your, “Duh!” now. We do have to get UP before most anything of significance can happen in our day. God’s word says, “This is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad.” I am glad that I got up, but I wasn’t until I actually took that first step.

If you struggle to take that first step out of bed in the morning, remember, this day is a gift to you. God has a special task in store for you today, but you can’t discover the day’s treasures until you first GET UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment