Thursday, March 8, 2018

Spring into Change



Change hurts. I know. I just tried on my spring wardrobe in order to see what I might need to discard and what needs to be purchased. Conclusion? If it goes around my waist, it has to be replaced. During the course of the winter, my mid-section has expanded to the point that the waist band ends don’t even touch. Ouch!

Change hurts. Just ask any minister trying to lead a church to be more contemporary or progressive. Though some support him, there are always those who staunchly hold on to the traditions of their childhood, even as they verbally proclaim they want to reach the younger generation.

Change hurts. Just ask any new CEO, school principal, or hospital administrator who wants to incorporate new technology or new service ideas into training employees, and they’ll testify to the hue and cry they hear from their staff.

Sometimes, change causes physical pain. Just ask a thirteen-year-old boy who can’t sleep because of the knee pains he’s experiencing from his rapid growth or what about the seventy-year-old whose knees keep him awake at night because of the arthritis that has set into his very being?

Though few seem to embrace it, change is inevitable. To paraphrase what John Maxwell said in The Difference Maker, change = growth or change = grief. The choice is yours. As for me, I think I’ll just go shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment