Thursday, March 8, 2018

Decisions...Decisions...Decisions!




Each day is made up of hundreds of decisions: what to eat, what to wear, what’s the best route to take, etc. Most of them are not likely to have any great impact on our lives, but some are potentially life-changing decisions. Where do I go to school? Who do I marry? Which job do I take? Where do I want to live? These decisions can have us pacing the floor, biting our nails, or keep
us up at night. Fear of making the wrong choice brings on worry and stress.

So, how do you choose? Do you make a pro/con list? Do you seek counsel from friends, family, or professionals? Ever just toss a coin? Or, do you pray and trust God to give you direction (Proverbs 3:5-7)? Is that your first or last resort?

I’d love to say that I’ve always gone to God first, therefore, I haven’t needed to go further. But, it would not be honest, and you’d probably realize it. After many years of critical decisions, I have learned it’s not when all else fails go to God. I’ve come to understand that all else will fail, if it’s not God’s will.  Through His constant faithfulness to guide, I now know when I pray, He listens. When I listen, I hear His answer. When He answers, I can trust the decision will work out for my good and His glory. And...there goes the stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment