Tuesday, December 27, 2016

The Face of Confusion


TV Debut

I was excited when I received the call to be interviewed for the TV show, Nashville Alive. They wanted to talk about my new book, Everyday Experiences with God. When I arrived at the studio they asked, “Where’s your book? We want to show it on air.”

I replied, “I have one in the car. Do I have time to get it?” When they said, “Yes, but hurry”, I ran out of the building with one thing in mind. In my haste, I failed to see a step. I hurtled forward on the aggregate pavement. I tore my hose and ripped up the leather on my heels. Other than a few minor scrapes and bruises, I was fine, but rattled. I retrieved my book from the car and hobbled back into the studio just in time for taping. I wasn’t even allowed a moment to check my hair after the tousling.

I knew the questions that were supposed to come. I had jotted down some notes, so that I might glance down at them, if needed. However, the director instructed me to remove my glasses. The bright studio lights had transitioned them into sunglasses. They wanted to see my eyes. That would have been great, but with my addled state of mind, I was really counting on having those notes handy. Now, I wouldn’t be able to see them. Even worse, there was no time for them to give me any instructions. The director started counting down with his fingers, and pointed for us to begin.

And that was the start of my auspicious television debut! So, tune in to channel 44 tomorrow morning, December 28 at 8:30. Together, we will see just how “interesting” an interview can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment